- walking inside with one crutch most of the time
- pain-free unless I do something I’m not supposed to do, which I’ve not done for many days. The muscles around the incision are weak and stiff, but don’t truly hurt. I remain amazed by the lack of pain despite the invasive nature of the surgery.
- doing rudimentary physical therapy, designed to fire glutes, hamstrings, abductors, adductors, and groin muscles. I’m weeks away from picking up my old biking/elliptical/swimming regimen
- a bit stir-crazy. Judy and I went to CostCo today and I realized it was my longest and farthest trip from home since I entered the hospital on 12/19. CostCo is much bigger on crutches than it is on foot.
- happily anticipating the start of classes on 1/15. It would be rough if classes started tomorrow but in eleven days I should be ready to go. On a crutch or cane, maybe, but ready to go.